I can't see any computers in domain "can't see from server"
Hi.Sorry for my english. I got a question. I got a windows server 2003 (small business server).My DNS and DHCP are working correctly (I thing so) But recently I discover when i go to my network places i can't see any comuters on my networks. Anybody can help me?otherwise if I go to my network places from any computer i can se all the computers in the network less server. Why? Thanks.
October 2nd, 2009 11:42am

Hi Mireck0999,Thank you for posting in windows networking forum, can you please verify if the computer browser service is started on your server ?.PS: Computer browser service is required to poll the computers in your domain or the workstation computers. This services doesnt need any additonal configuration. Have you configured wins server in your domain ?sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 5th, 2009 5:37am

Hi. I think that Mircosoft Active Directory replace computer browser servis no? So, Active directory is runing on this server. And yes I got configured wins server on my domain. In Active Directory can see any computers on my network and also the server like comuter domain controler.Thanks for response. from one of the computer in the network: IP: 172.26.0.10 (copmuter x) mask: 255.255.255.0 gateway: 172.26.0.1 (router) Dhcp: 172.26.0.200 (server) DNS: 172.26.0.200 (server) WINS: 172.26.0.200 (server) I still not resolve the problem.
October 5th, 2009 12:10pm

Hi mirecko999,AD has not replaced computer browser service, from network places tab are you able to see the clients listed ??
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 1st, 2009 5:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics